- Owning a boat is a hole in the water that you throw your money in
- The happiest day of a boaters life is the day they buy their boat, the 2nd happiest is the day they sell it!
- If you ask how much it costs, you can't afford it!
- BOAT stands for Bring On Another Thousand"
- And this one had me cracking up, "a boat is a whore. takes all your money and you get screwed"
Then to add to the misery, about a week after the engine work had been completed, we took Cast Away out for a sea trial and as we headed back to the marina, we hit a floating log in Puget Sound and bent a prop. We went from the high of enjoying the new and improved performance of the engines, to the pain of hobbling back to our boat slip, sputtering all the way.
The floating log, that went unseen by the captain (no I am not pointing fingers or placing blame) led to another sizeable repair bill that also included a much needed repainting of the hull which according to the captain is necessary to keep the green fuzzy stuff from growing wild on the bottom of the boat.. Brandon hired Seaview Marine to do the haul out and bottom paint and we're VERY happy with the work they did. The video is of the smooth, tranquil boat ride Brandon/"The Captain" had back to EMB upon picking up Cast Away from Seaview.
Hopefully that hole in the water is now closed for the upcoming boating season and now we can just enjoy our time on the Salish Sea. Opening Day is the first Saturday in May - so just a little over a week away with lots of fun boating/water related activities to enjoy. Then on to summer!